Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Happy Birthday Card for a Proper Gent

This week I needed to make a card for a male family member.
 
I recently purchased a paper craft CD 'Fabulous Fellas' by Katy Sue Designs.
 
I printed the template of for the shaped Tie card. I selected the individual tie I wanted to print and two styles of backing papers.
 
I cut the template out and folded where indicated on the template. The back part of the template was the shirt section.  I fixed this to some plain white card with double sided tape. The waistcoat and jacket sections folded over from left and right.
 
I first attached the tie to the shirt but left the collar sections free of adhesive so they could fit over the finished jacket. I then cut the backing paper using the waistcoat section (the small dots paper and fixed this onto the waistcoat .The jacket section was again cut from the jacket part of the template, the collar sections were cut separately, all were attached using double sided tape. I cut three small squares  to create pockets, taking care that the pattern still matched the jacket. All the cut Jacket parts  were all coloured at the edge with Stampin up ink, colours Olive & Expresso to add details. Faux stitches were hand drawn around the jacket and pockets. 
 
Three small buttons were coloured using black Promarker pen , when dry these were attached to the jacket.
 
 The background card was created using some of the printed paper, matted onto black card.
 
The jacket section was also matted onto black card and was attached using 1mm 3d foam pads.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment