Search This Blog

Saturday 26 April 2014

Caving Birthday Time

Time to make a birthday card for my son's friend who was having a Caving party this year.

I wanted to make a character card but had to think how to create a tunnel or cave effect.

I decided to create graduated ovals on my Cricut Gypsy device, and cut each layer from 6" x 6" card in shades of grey, with the largest oval section cut from white card. These sections were layered up using 1mm 3d foam pads to create the image of a hole/tunnel.

The main character image was cut from the Cricut Everyday Paperdolls cartridge, I adapted the skateboarder helmet on my Cricut Gypsy to make it a front facing helmet as opposed to the side view option on the cartridge.

I added a stamped Sizzix face to the head section and stamped again onto white paper. The eyes were cut out from the paper and glued to the main head.

The character was fixed into the ovals and positioned so his hands were popping out. Black card was fixed to the base of all the layered sections.

Decorative corners were cut from black card to add detail to each corner.

Finally a personalised message was cut and layered onto black card and fixed to the base of the card.

Lets hope Luke had a fantastic party and birthday later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment