Search This Blog

Thursday 17 April 2014

A Thank You Card

 
This was a card to the Consultant/Surgeon who operated recently on my Dad.
 
The Consultant explained the operation fully to my Dad and I, this was early in the morning at
7.30 am, to get the consent form completed, it was going to be quite a complex operation. Unfortunately due to an emergency , my Dad was not operated on til 2pm that day. The consultant personally phoned me at 6.45 pm that evening to give me an update on my Dad and how the operation had gone.
 
So the Consultant had been worked at least a 12 hour shift at this point. Luckily the operation went well but was one of the worst he had done (his words not mine), and Dad is now on the road to recovery .
 
In view of this and they way he treated my Dad, I wanted to create a card to show him our appreciation, my Dad had been poorly for quite some time.
 
I decided to create a character card of a surgeon, it helped as I had met him so I knew what he looked like. He is a general surgeon and although I didn't see him in his surgical uniform this was my interpretation of what he would look like. The character pieces were cut from the Cricut Every Day Dolls Cartridge. I cut out eight plasters out also to add detail to the card.
 
A personalised Thank You message was printed and fixed to the base of the card.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment