Search This Blog

Saturday 26 April 2014

David Turns 90 Card

An extra special card order this month for a gentleman who celebrates his 90th birthday, who I believe is a member of the Rotary Club.

I was provided with a copy of the Rotary Club emblem and asked to have this included on the card  with a character figure.

Using the Cricut Gypsy device I set about creating the emblem first, which I started using a sun image.  I created a shadow to my sun in blue card. Then using a circle I created a blue section for the wording. The letters used were from Don Jan Cricut cartridge , these were cut out from the circle created and then re cut in yellow card to insert in the blue section.

Finally triangles were position on the yellow section and cut out, smaller white triangles were then cut and glued in position to allow the blue shadow from the base to show through.

Finally smaller circles were cut in blue, yellow and white card to create the centre section.


Not knowing what clothes to choose I decided on well dressed suited gent, the order also indicated he wore glasses so to include these to.

As a larger card was requested, the Rotary Club emblem measured 6" x 6" on a white base matted onto yellow and blue card. The main character was matted onto similar card and colours and overlapped the Rotary Club image slightly. Finally a special message was printed and matted to the lower section of the card.

Lets hope David has a wonderful Birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment