Search This Blog

Monday 5 May 2014

Lego Man Birthday card for Mark

Time to make a card for my youngest son Mark. The inspiration for this card came to me after watching the Lego Movie and the character Emmet.
 
Using my Cricut Gypsy device I started to create a Lego man figure. Using an image from the Cricut Christmas Cheer cartridge - a Christmas bag image, I created the body section. Most other body parts were created using a round square shape again taken from Christmas Cheer cartridge. Each square  were adjusted in height and width independently to create rectangles, these were welded to other rectangles to create arms, legs and head sections . The hands were created from a letter 'c' taken from the Don Juan Cartridge and altered in both height and width.
 
The separate colour bricks were created from a square with sharp corners from the Don Juan cartridge, three reduced to the same size and welded to a rectangle which started as a square but was adjusted in height only.
 
 
The green back ground , I originally tried to emboss a  Lego base board through my die cutting machine, although it went through the machine fine it didn't emboss the Lego wording like I had hoped so I reverted to my original idea of using a hole punch. I punched out numerous circles and added a 1mm 3d foam pads to each.  I positioned each circle about 1cm apart, this was a bit fiddly and I did go a bit wonky at times but the main idea is there.
 
The main Lego character was cut in yellow, blue and white card stock.
 
Twelve Lego bricks were cut out in yellow, red and blue card stock. additional bricks were cut out in the same colours but just the main base brick, without the three smaller squares. the plain rectangles were attached to the shaped bricks using 1mm 3d foam pads to add more dimension.
 
The Lego head was cut out twice on one section the face was created using a Sizzix face stamp , which was stamped in black ink on the yellow section and again onto white paper, the eye sections were cut out and glued over the stamped image.
 
The main Lego man was attached using strong double sided tape and additional 3d foam pads between the circles to secure him in place. A personalised message was printed onto white card and added to the Lego man's body.
 
The bricks created were attached again with double sided tape and 3d foam pads where required. The whole section was them matted onto black card stock and attached to the main base card.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment