Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sheri the Sheep Toilet roll cover

So I've got the crochet bug, so rewarding relaxing watching TV at night creating something - even if my husband can't believe I was making this. More modern than the old fashion doll on a roll that I had in my parents bathroom when I was younger.

I purchased a book I found in Hobbycraft - Toilet roll covers by Pat Ashforth & Steve Plummer.


I then purchased two balls on wool following guidance in the book on length of yarn required, all the covers are created using double knitting wool.


The  pattern was remarkable quite easy to follow bearing in mind I'm new to crochet , it was created in two parts the base cover and then the added decoration of the fluffy wool.  The pattern was a combination of double crochet, half trebles and trebles.


After crocheting a nose section and ears and fixing them were indicated, the sheep was nearly complete. As I was unable to to purchase any shank eyes I created some eyes using felt to finish off.


Now positioned quite nicely in my cloakroom. Now to decide which cover to create next, there are 30 knitted and crocheted projects in the book so lots of options to choose from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment