Search This Blog

Saturday 21 March 2015

A card for my Mum - Happy Mothers Day

Another delayed blog update.

Mothers day card required for my mum. Being a keen knitter in the past I decided on a design from Joanna Sheen's House Mouse decoupage sheets.

Taking the decoupage sheet  I cut out the separate pieces and assembled using 1mm 3d foam pads. 

Using my smallest knitting needles, I knitted several rows using DMC embroidery thread, and slid these onto a cocktail stick. The points of the cocktail sticks were snipped to make blunt ends for safety. At one end of each cocktail stick a narrow strip of paper was wound round and secured with PVA glue. Once dry the ends were coloured in using Promarker pen -sandstone, to match the cocktail stick.

A Happy Mothers Day message was created and printed using Serif Software, the section printed was cut down to a square and matted onto pink card stock and fixed to the base card. The knitted embellishment was fixed using silicon glue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment