Search This Blog

Friday 13 April 2012

Sailing Boat Leaving Card

Another request from my Husbands colleagues for a leaving card for a member of staff.

A sailing based card or a Blackberry based card. I opted for a sailing boat challenge.

I attempted a free standing boat - which ended promptly in the recyle bin. I then searched boat on my Cricut Gypsy device and was fortunate to find a sailing boat on a cartridge I owned.

The Sailing boat comes from Gypsy Wandering Cartridge (which was a bonus cartridge on the Gypsy). I hid the florish detail from the boat and cut the boat shape out in dark brown card, light brown card and white card three time for the sails.

The wording was created using Mickey Disney Font Cartridge , with a shadow background which was welded together prior to cutting, the blue letters were attached to the shadow with double sided tape.

The waves again were searched on the Gypsy device - found on 'Paper Dolls for Everyday' , I duplicated the wave section and increased the height only on one piece, these were then matted together using 1mm 3d foam.

Blue card was fixed to the base card. My next layer being a light blue grey coloured card had small holes punched at the corners. I googled Knots on the internet and learnt how to tie a figure of 8 knot, I made 3 similar knots for the corner detail.   The boat was all stuck with double sided tape with the exception of the sails that on one edge has 3d foam to create a fan effect.


On the reverse of the card , the kodak logo was created with a message 'From the KODAK Crew'


1 comment:

  1. Hello Chrissie & Andy,
    Thank you very much for this amazing card. It means a lot to me. I really do appreciate all the effort you have made to create this unique and highly personal leaving card. Very clever!
    I wish you all the very best for the future.
    Many thanks and best regards,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete