Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Harmonica Card

Well my challenge this week was-  can I make a card with a Harmonica on for a 90th Birthday.

I initially went for my Cricut Quarter Note Cartridge but unfortunately there was no Harmonica on there, so had to have a think and requested a picture to work from.


With the above picture in mind I when to my Cricut Gypsy in the hope of creating a Harmonica.
Created using rectangles I created the Harmonica shape, the  request was for 'Danny Boy' to be written on the top.

The background was created using a clear musical scroll stamp - Grunge Music (available from Lili of the Valley - http://www.liliofthevalley.co.uk/), this was distressed at corners using Tim Holtz Walnut and Tea Stain Dye pads. The stamped images were attached to a cream back ground which was mat and layered on to gold mirri card.

The Black musical notes were cut from Cricut Quarter Note Cartridge.

The message 'Happy 90th Birthday' was printed and then cut into a circle and mat and layered on to a gold coloured circle. An oval shape was cut from both cream and gold card and glued together , the harmonica was attached to the oval.


Lets hope the recipient and Pauline who requested I make the card like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment