Search This Blog

Monday 1 June 2015

Birthday Wishes to My Dad

A special card needed this month for my Dad.

He loves his crosswords and cuts them out of his daily newspaper to tackle at a later date, much to my mum's disgust as he has a huge pile to still do. He still tries to do them at the moment using a magnifying glass because his eyesight is poor. When I saw a new Docrafts clear stamp recently of a crossword puzzle I purchased it immediately.

Using Clarity Stamps/Barbara Grays Letterbox letters , I created the Happy Birthday Dad section on piece of card and added the individual letters accordingly. I cut this section out close to the stamped boxed lines.

I laid this on my card as a position guide and then stamped the crossword stamp called Docrafts Mr Mister Crossword, I stamped this onto a cut sheet of card measuring  7" x 7" , I created a matt to overlap the images, in a random pattern, surrounding the main message section.

The message topper was fixed using 1mm double sided tape. The whole piece was matted onto black card stock and fixed to the base card.

Wishing my Dad a wonderful birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment