Search This Blog

Sunday 7 June 2015

A birthday card for Pat


A close family Friend celebrates a big birthday this weekend, so a special card was needed for Pat to celebrate her day.

The products used were some flower stamps from the Dreamees Sweet Stitches stamp set  and some Sue Wilson Dies, and two shades on brown dye based ink and some brown WOW glitter powder.

Taking the light shade of brown I created a background of flowers stamped randomly over a 7" x 7" card. I then stamped more Flowers on card with the darker brown and carefully cut round the images once they were dry.

Using the Sue Wilson die cut shapes I cut a shape with an aperture in, I cut again in plain brown card stock to use as matt. On the white aperture section I stamped again the medium sized flowers using the paler brown colour. The plain brown die cut shape was cut in half and them matted onto the inked section. The happy birthday phrase was stamped using dark brown ink and fixed behind the aperture using 1mm 3 d foam pads .

Using a Sue Wilson Strip dies , I cut a section using plain brown card stock to place on the lower section of the card.

I added WOW glitter powder to the cut flowers and curved the petals, to add dimension before fixing on to the base card. The whole piece was matted onto brown card and fixed to the base card to finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment