Search This Blog

Monday 1 June 2015

A birthday card for Mark


My youngest sons birthday was in May. Whilst in a well known card store, he showed me a card he wanted - 'I want one like this mum' was his request.

Never to be outdone on a challenge I set to work, using my Cricut machine , Cricut Gypsy and my Mickey Mouse cartridge.

I took the image of Mickey and attached a football from the soccer cartridge this was what the shop bought card had on Mickey kicking a ball.

I created the stars with words in using the Cricut Gypsy device and cut them in the red, black and yellow colours. When all my pieces were fixed together I created the white background with the wording around the edge of the card - this I created using the Serif software package.

The main background section was matted on to red card and fixed to te base card. The stars, main topper and small Mickey heads were all fixed to the card using double sided tape.

Mark has a wonderful birthday and was delighted with his card that he requested. I wonder what challenge he will set me next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment