Search This Blog

Sunday 14 December 2014

Birthday Card for my Lovely Grumpy Husband

I thought this was a good idea for my husband when I made it but as his birthday draws closer I'm wondering how it will be received.
 
After somewhat of a challenge to obtain the Cricut Happily Ever After Cartridge, which has been discontinued By Provocraft, my work colleague successfully sourced a copy for me and the bonus was although it was second hand it hadn't been syncronised to the Cricut Gypsy device.
 
I used the main Grumpy image from the cartridge and using my Cricut Gypsy device welded the shadow letter B, from the Cricut Mickey Font cartridge in the position where the axe was on the Grumpy image.
 
I spelt out the words 'Have a Grumpy Birthday' using Mickey font cartridge on the shadow option and welded some of the letters together and cut out from black card stock.  I cut the smaller letters in normal size font in red card to fix over the shadow background. 
 
I cut out the layered sections of Grumpy and when cut removed the axe section on the base image which was welded to the B.
 
The candles were cut from matching card stock using a Sizzix thinlets die.
 
The white background was embossed using a Happy birthday embossing folder and matted onto black card and fixed to the base card.
 
Grumpy. words and candles were then fixed accordingly.
 
Lets hope my husband has a great birthday and takes the card as its intended otherwise he will be very grumpy on his birthday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment