Search This Blog

Thursday 18 December 2014

A personalised Cats Christmas card


A request this month from one of my husbands colleagues, wanting a personalised Christmas card.

I was sent four photographs, and the request was to have these on the card wearing Santa hats.

I decided to use the Serif software, which I am still learning to use.

I firstly cropped and then imported the photographs into the software and layed them on a blank background sheet. I wanted to put the photographs in frames and found the ideal Polaroid photo frames in a set of four. I worked initially with just the frames and the photos and got them all aligned before adding the background papers and the baubles down the side of the card,

I found the Happy Christmas phrase and added this to the bottom of the card changing it to a white colour.

Adding Santa hats was slight more difficult as I didn't have any Christmas hats in my digital kits. I tried to import a hat but to no success. I then looked at the shapes section in the software and decided to attempt to create hats using oval shapes for the red section and then a wavy line for the white section, this seemed to work quite well as an alternative..

I was pleased with the card, as was the person requesting the card. Lets hope the recipient likes it too with presumably her favourite cats on.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie

    Thanks very much for the brilliant Christmas card. The design was fantastic.

    Helena really loved the card. She said it was amazing

    Many thanks again

    Peter

    ReplyDelete