Search This Blog

Thursday 18 December 2014

Happy Birthday wishes to my mum

A special card for my mum who celebrates being another year older - Happy Birthday Mum.

Using an image from the Joanna sheen House Mouse decoupage designs , I found the prefect image as my mum used to be personal secretary many years ago.

I printed out the decoupage sheets and layered up the cut sections using 1mm foam pads. The main decoupage section was matted onto cream and black card stock.  The backing paper was matted onto black card. Black and cream ribbon was used together secured by a diamante buckle and fixed across the backing paper section. The was matted onto plain cream card, matted on black card and fixed to the base card.

Using some alphabet stamps that I've had for years and never used, I stamped out the phrase happy birthday mum onto shrink plastic, I stamped 8 without a letter showing. All were shrunk down and fixed to the bottom of the card. the Happy line using 1mm foam pads, birthday line using 2mm foam pads and the mum line using 3mm foam pads,  trying to reflect the old typewriters keys.





No comments:

Post a Comment