Search This Blog

Monday 7 March 2016

50 - Its all downhill now


Time to make a card for a colleague at work who is celebrating her 50th birthday this month.

Being a keen skier , the theme of the card was easy to decide.

After looking through some of her skiing photographs on her face book page, I had an idea for an outfit.

Using the Every day Paper doll Cricut  cartridge, I cut a main body figure at 3.75 inches high. I cut a selection of clothing from both the male and female skier and cut skis and ski poles out in silver mirror card.

I created some slalom flags using my Cricut Gypsy device adding the magic number 50 to one of them.

I printed a message out and matted it onto blue card stock. I matted a white square section on to blue card and fixed this to the base card measuring 7" x 7".

I dressed the figure and stamped the facial features using Sizzix face stamps and black archival ink. I stamped the eyes again onto white card stock and glued them to the main face section, glittered goggles where attached over.

All pieces were attached to the card , four decorative photo corners where cut and attached at each corner to finished.

Lets hope Gaynor has a wonderful 50th Birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment