Search This Blog

Thursday 3 September 2015

Birthday card for my Sister in Law


Well my Sister in Law reaches a milestone of a birthday this year so, I had to create a card with the age on it would be unfair not too, me being younger that is.

As she is a keen crafty person , I decided to create a card using my button dies and manikin die.

I cut the manikin  and bobbins out twice in cream card stock. I then cut two styles of buttons in both red and green card stock.

I printed a personalised message and using craft dies by Sue Wilson Caribbean Island collection - St Kitts , cut a green mount section with lace detail. Using white card stock I cut an aperture out using one of the dies in the St Kitts set and matted the white card onto a red aground this was fixed to the base card.

The green die cut mount was then positioned over the matching aperture using 1mm 3d foam pads. the personalise message was attached also using 1mm 3d foam pads to raise the message slightly.

One of the manikin cut shapes was cut and parts layered onto the remaining piece . I then cut a thimble and scissors from mirror card and fixed these at the waist with small silver brads. Green ribbon was tied around the waist and attached with double sided tape to secure. This was positioned to the side of the mounted aperture.

Green embroidery thread was wrapped around both cream bobbins and fixed at the back these were fixed to the base card using stroing double sided tape.

Finally the buttons were attached along the base of the card using both glue and some 3d foam pads, 3 buttons were also added to each top corner of the card to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment