Search This Blog

Thursday 31 July 2014

Birthday Wishes to our Teenager

Time to make a special card for our son who celebrates his 13th birthday. He is football mad so the theme of the card was easy to choose.

Using my Cricut Gypsy I wanted to create a hexagonal shape. Using Cricut Christmas Cheer I selected a plain square shape, and altered the dimensions to create a rectangle which I copied 3 times. By turning two of the rectangle a number of degrees to the left and right  and overlapping the rectangles I created a hexagon shape and welded them all together to make one solid shape.

I copied the shape a number of times on the one mat. I cut out in both white and black card stock. The white shapes where then embossed with a dots embossing folder.

A black square was cut and fixed to a 6" x 6" card blank. A smaller green square was matted onto the black. Starting near the middle I fixed the cut shapes to create a football effect , trimming the edge sections before fixing to the green base card.

Three tag shapes were created in both black and green card and hessian fabric. This was fixed using silicon glue. Two personal messages were printed and fixed again using silicon glue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment