Search This Blog

Sunday 2 February 2014

Christmas crafting In January

Having time off work over Christmas , my husband and I started a small clear out of our loft space. In the loft and I noticed my boxes of wool and a kilo bag of toy stufffing. 
 
I decided to make something I had been thinking about for a long time, Mr Perry Christmas and Perry Postbox. Using the pattern from Jean Greenhowe's Celebration Clowns - part 2.
 
There is quite a lot of detail involved so has taken me the month of January to complete - there are 11 a4 pages of knitting instructions, but as all small bits quite rewarding when you make a part and make up. I did have to buy a bit more wool for colours I didn't have, so I haven't created much space in loft.
 
The post box was fairly straight forward to make, I replaced all cardboard strengthen in both the clown and post box with plastic so they can both go through the washing machine if needed in later years.
 

 



 Here are two clowns I've made previously and still have - Mr Fortywinks & O.Yummy. These were taken from Jean Greenhowe Knitted clowns - The Red Nose Gang. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment