Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 May 2013

My New Die Cutters Binder Book


As my collection of metal cutting dies continues to grow and I had some spare thick card, I decided to create another die book this weekend to keep my dies close at hand and ready for use at any time.

I cut the card down to size C5 (half A4) and coloured round all the edges with walnut stain distressing ink. The front and back covers had two pieces of cream card stuck together to strengthen. Magnetic sheets were cut and glued onto one side of the cream card stock. Each sheet of card was then covered using various colours of Bazzill card stock. Two holes were then cut at one end to allow the rings to join the pieces together. The metal dies then fixed on each page where the magnets were hidden.
 
The front cover was decorated , by again using some of my dies - I cut the manikin shape out twice and cut the lighter brown section top and bottom and fixed to the darker brown base. Light and dark brown organza ribbon was tied at the waist. Three bobbin cards were cut and using my DMC embroidery threads I wrapped them round the bobbins and fixed using double sided tape.
 
The phrase Chrissie's dies was created previously using the Cricut Gypsy Machine so I cut this out in brown card, this was attached to some cream card cut using spellbinder dies. The book was finished off by tying ribbon around the silver rings and gluing the topper pieces. Tape measure ribbon was attached top and bottom of the front cover and four photo corners were cut to finish the corners of neatly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment