Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2013

A Dedication Card


An unusual request this week for a Dedication card required for a small boy.

Not having much religious craft material I decided to go to La Pashe Best of 2012 CD that I purchased as this has a variety of craft material on it.

Using the 'Value decoupage Little Miracle' images I imported the document into my Serif software. I deleted the pink version and reduced the size of the blue option which I wanted to use. When I was happy with the revised size after a draft print,  I printed the images onto white textured Bazzill card stock.

I cut the decoupage pieces and matted onto the main squared image using 1mm 3d foam pads.

I cut a scalloped  square using my Spellbinders dies, I matted the main image onto a brown square to create a narrow border and them fixed this to the scalloped square shape.

Brown and blue background papers were selected from the 'Subtles Designer Pack' from Stampin Up range, these were joined together and a narrow strip of ribbon fixed across at the join, this background section was matted onto blue cardstock and fixed to the base card.

A personalised message was printed and matted onto brown card stock to contrast with the blue backing section. Both the message and the main topper were fixed to the card using 1mm 3d foam pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment