Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2013

A Card for a LifeGuard

A request this week for a lifeguard card for a young man turning 18 next month.

Using the Everyday Cricut Cartridge I used the accessories from the Summer swimming section, I cut a base body and an additional head and appropriate hair style and colour to match the recipient of the card. .

The face was stamped on to the head part only using Sizzix faces stamps, this was stamped again onto white copier paper. The eye sections were cut out and glued to the head section, the head was fixed to the body using 3d foam to give a slight layered effect.

The rubber ring (taken from the Winter girl accessories) was cut out in two different coloured card stock and cut and glued together. The shirt was cut in yellow card stock and using red card I cut shorts, flip flops and a jacket.   

The rubber ring hanging up was created using the Cricut Gypsy devise by welding circle shapes together to create 2 small loops to hang the ring up. Number 18 was position around the ring. This was cut out using both orange and white card stock. The white numbers was fixed into the negative circle and fixed from behind using double sided tape..

Using the Cricut Gypsy device I cut a square with curved edges from white cardstock and cut again this time with the inside section removed to create a border/frame.

The megaphone was cut using both red and yellow card, this was taken from the cheerleader section on the cartridge, the red section was cut and layered up on the yellow section to add detail.
The pool section was created using Colorcore Cardstock 'white wash collection'. Using my scoreboard I scored numerous lines in one direction and then turned the card and repeated in the other direction to create the squared embossed effect. I then sanded this section  down to reveal the core colour, to create the effect of a tiled pool section. A plain thin strip was cut and sanded down to form the edge of the pool this was fixed using 1mm 3d foam pads..

I then printed some images that I had searched for through the internet  'deep end', 'Shallow end' and main pool signage. These were re sized as required and printed onto white bazzill card stock.

To add detail to the rubber ring I wound thin string round the ring and tied at the top. Using two white brads I fixed these to my white square to create hooks for my rubber ring to hang on. The rubber ring was fixed also with 1mm 3d foam pads to keep it in place.

The pool signage was matted onto red card stock.

The card was assembled using light grey card stock that was matted onto red card and fixed to the base card. The pool section was fixed to the bottom section of the card. The signage and hanging rubber ring were fixed to the base card using a combination of double sided tape and 1mm 3d foam pads. The lifeguard was position holding the megaphone with the other rubber ring positioned over his other arm.

Another card that made me smile when it was all put together. Lets hope Ben the lifeguard has a fab Birthday. 

2 comments:

  1. Chrissie, I love this card, it is so cute and very original. Lovely! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie, I just love the Cricut Paperdoll Cartridges, always makes me smile when I put the little people together.

    ReplyDelete