Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Valentine Heart Card

Time to make a valentines card for my lovely husband.

Decided on a style of card which I tried out at Christmas.

Using my Cricut Gypsy device I found a heart shape and applied this on my Gypsy device. I then added a further tab on the saved file and started to add my words in based around the heart shape. Once the words were positioned correctly and it did still resemble a heart shape I cut this out of white card stock.


I then used Creative Expression Noble double pierced square dies to cut  a square from white card stock for the base section and then a frame from white card also to frame the heart. A frame was also cut from red glitter card but was trimmed on all sides to fit on the white frame. 
Using the Brother Scan n Cut machine I cut a black frame slightly larger than the white frame to add a border. The framed section were fixed together using double sided tape and then attached to the white card using 1mm foam pads. The glitter section under the worded heart was also fixed using 1mm foam pads to add further height and dimension. 

The whole frame part and heart wording was then fixed to the base white section which was finally matt and layered on to red glitter card to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment