Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 February 2017

A Book fold for Claire

50th birthday wishes to a dear friend and ex work colleague.

I decided on a book fold creation, as Claire has always been an avid reader, I hope she doesn't get upset for doing this to a book.

I calculated the pages required for the name Claire and calculated the correct start page of the book.

I folded all the letters and then got to start decorating the outside cover of the book. I decided on a black, cream and burgundy colour theme.

I cut flowers out from burgundy card stock and buttons from black card, I then attached the two with cream organza ribbon.






I attached two pieces off black card on the inner sides of the book , helping makeing the folded name pop out more. I also added a ribbon and buckle section across the front of the book opening, this was fixed to the outside cover of the book with strong double sided tape.


 I decorated the outside of the book with cream and black card stock , adding cut photo corners to add detail.The cut flower pieces where fixed using a heated glue gun.  I also cut three butterflies out of burgundy, black and cream card these were attached on both outside covers and on the folded section of the book .









No comments:

Post a Comment