Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 September 2014

A sweet card for a sweet lady

A special card was needed this month for a special friend, who runs a sweet business.

I decided on a using a decoupage image from my Makey Bakey Mice CD. I selected a sweet image and backing paper to match. I cut all the individual pieces out and layered them up using 1mm foam pads and silicon glue.

I embossed a square section of white Bazzill card stock using a Happy Birthday embossing folder. I added a stamped Happy Birthday image from the Stampin Up range and punched this out and matted onto black and orange card to create a shadow, this was fixed to the embossed card section.

The main backing paper was matted onto black and orange card and fixed to the base card. Black photo corners were cut and attached to each corner to add detail .

The main decoupage sections was also matted onto the same coloured card. The two matted topper sections were attached to the base card.

 
The liquorice sweet embellishments were created in card. The circle sweets were made by rolling up card in yellow and black card. The square variety were created by cutting small squares which were then glued together to create the depth. All the sweets created were attached using silicon glue. An alternative would be to use real sweets but I was concerned about any oil that may mark the card, hence why I created my own card versions.

I hope Karen has a sweet Birthday and likes her card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment