Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Our first attempt at Decopatch

 After seeing completed projects whilst on holiday, I decided to have a go at a new craft Decopatch.
  
All you need to do to start Decopatch, is the object you’re going to cover (and it works on anything), some glue, water and a selection of decopatch papers.
 
I initially choose a pencil box to cover and because I love Giraffes - the paper was easy to choose too.
Sehlbach and Whiting Mache Pencil CaseDecopatch Paper Pack 3 Sheets Natural Giraffe
I cut some paper in to small pieces, approximately large stamp size.  The cut pieces will give a patchwork affect, torn pieces are more fluid.
 
I created a mix of PVA glue and water (a 50/50mix). Using a small brush I painted some glue onto my box, making sure I covered an area bigger than the paper pieces. 
Using the glue left on my brush, I then painted a thin coat over the paper, making sure all the edges were stuck down.
I continued to do this overlapping pieces until the box was completely covered.
 
Once dried  I then re painted again with the same mix of solution and allowed to dry, this created a glazed effect .
 

It was really fun creating this and my youngest son wanted to decorate a box too, so we purchased some book boxes for the boys and I choose a hexagonal box to decorate.
 
 
Sehlbach and Whiting Small Mache Hexagon Shaped BoxSehlbach and Whiting Mache Book Size 2

We choose denim, camouflage and stamps decopatch papers to decorate, the boys were delighted with their boxes.  
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment