Search This Blog

Friday 19 July 2013

India Hat creation

Ok so the school are celebrating an Around the World theme day on the last day of term.

My youngest sons years were given Asia , and instructions to make a hat for one of the Countries.

Our original idea was to create a hat with all the countries flags that are in Asia but the homework instructions indicated to pick one country, India was my sons choice.

He wanted me to create it on my Cricut machine as he likes to hit the cut button, so the hat was decided.

We created a hat, a tube of card, and created the India flag, I must say Japan would have been an easier choice!. The strips were easy to create but the image on the White section was not so easy. I cut a blue circle and then a flower from a Marianna die and cut slits from the centre out, a further small blue circle was added to the middle.

We then used the Cricut machine to cut wording out - currency details, capital, language and river.

The flag colours continued around the hat and on the back were details of what India is famous for - so an informative hat.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment