Search This Blog

Monday 1 July 2013

Christmas Cracker Time

OK so its July....

Its always been my aim to have a go at making my own Christmas Crackers so I could both personalise the design and the gifts inside.

Adapting a template for a hexagonal cracker, I created my square cracker from an a4 sheet of card.

Using Centura Pearl white card, I scored down the short side of the card at 2", 3" and 4" from the end. I rotated the card and repeated from the other side.

Turning the card lengthwise I scored down at 5cm intervals this leaving a small section at the end for gluing.

At each end there is now 2 sets of 3 score lines, fold the card down the middle score line. Using scissors I cut v shapes along the fold line. Each point of the v's need to finish at the cross created by the score lines, a 1cm gap should be left between each V on the fold line, this was repeated at the other end, when you open it back up you should have diamond shapes cut out.

I run a bone folder over all score lines before making the cracker up. The tab was fixed under the first side using strong double sided tape.

Using two 6cm strips of ribbon , these were tied at each end to seal the cracker.

I  created a couple of sample crackers , this one I intend to personalise in the panel with the recipients name or a seasonal Christmas Wish. Both crackers were edged with a ribbon strip cut using Tonic studio punch 'Celtic Strip' using black card.

 
This one was decorated with a die cut Merry Christmas wording and two glitter cut die snowflakes.



This smaller cracker was created from a new die from Tonic Studios 'Christmas cracker and sentiments', although a smaller cracker size this would be ideal for the children or a special piece of jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment