Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas Crafting and Tidy


Well Christmas came and went, but I was going to make the most of my time off work.

Not many presents received this year but did get quite a bit of money so lots of crafting spending planned for the New Year.

After making all the Christmas Cards had bits of card all over the place so decided to go through all my craft stock and neaten it up into storage so I can go straight to a draw and find what I'm looking for - that's the plan anyway.  I didn't quite realise how much I have accrued over the time, may need another section of draws.


After the mass tidy up, I discovered lost of things I had forgotten about in my craft stash, especially my wafer thin craft dies, which were all found in a carry bag. I decided to create two more binders (like my original one - that holds the dies I always grab for), so that in future I use all my dies and not those that are close to hand. 

 
 
As I didn't have a book ready to decorate, like my original, I used some strong cream card stock and cut down to size C5 (half A4) and coloured round all the edges with walnut stain distressing ink. The front and back covers had two pieces of cream card stuck together to strengthen. Magnetic sheets were cut and glued onto one side of the cream card stock. Each sheet of card was then covered using various colours of Bazzill card stock. Two holes were then cut at one end to allow the rings to join the pieces together.
 
The metal dies then fixed on each page where the magnets were hidden.
 
Now time to decorate the fronts of the two new books created. As I'm a goofy fan decided to create Goody using Mickey & Friends Cricut Cartridge , he was cut at 4.5inches. The phrase Chrissie's dies was created previously using the Cricut Gypsy Machine so I cut this out in both green and black card. The Goofy Book was finished off by tying ribbon around the silver rings and glueing Goofy, the name plate and Craftwork cards brads to the front cover. 






The next book I decided to used my shoes dies from Sizzix. I attached the black wording to a white base with silver mirror card shadow this was matted onto a black die cut shape and fixed to the front cover of my book. The shoes were decorated with mirror. silver and black glitter card stock and cork for the cork sandals. Silver Diamante's where fixed in each corner of the cover and also on the name plate. Black and white ribbon were tied around the silver rings to finish.

 
 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment