Search This Blog

Thursday 29 March 2012

40th Birthday Car Card

A colleague approched me to make a card for his wife's 40th Birthday at the end of the Month , he wanted a Figaro car on the front - this being his wife's car.

After a lot of pondering I got the Cricut 'Car' cartridge out with a thought to modifying Lightening McQueen or Sally.

The front version of Lightening McQueen looked a good one to modify on my Cricut Gypsy device.

With headlights and all detail deleted from the Lightening car, I was left with the basic car shape.

I created a duplicate of my basic shape and increased the height dimension on one of the cars. I welded the two basic car shapes together this making the height of the windscreen correct to look like a Figaro and not like Lightening McQueen.

I added my detail on the Gypsy - being the lights, grille, wing mirrors and wipers to try and match the photo I had been given, this was a bit fiddly but well worth the trouble, I used basic shapes, circles and rectangles etc and modified the widths and heights to create ovals, rectangles, welding bits togther to create wingmirrors etc.

The car was cut in blue card. silver mirror card and white for the base card. Layers cut were the tyres, lights, grille, wipers and registration plate. I added acetate for the windscreen.

The personalised message and registration plate detail were printed on to white card.

The car was matted and layered, using 1mm 3d foam to add a gradual dimension only and the message matted and layered on to matching card.

Lets hope Sarah has a Happy Birthday and likes the card too.



No comments:

Post a Comment