Search This Blog

Thursday 2 March 2017

Anniversary tile

Another small creation for Mum & Dad to celebrate their wedding anniversary
Had wanted to try this technique our for a while so their anniversary was an ideal opportunity for a first attempt.

Using 'all that glitters' font I created the names section in the Brother Scan n cut canvas software. I then transferred this to my Brother Scan n cut machine and cut the section from white Oracle 651 vinyl. Using a font on my machine I then cut their surname in capitals using black vinyl. 


The final section cut from white vinyl was Est 1957 ( again cut using a font on my machine). 

The hardest part of this creation was applying the the vinyl to the tile without any air bubbles , I wont liar I did have to redo a couple of letters before I was happy with it.


The base of the tile I covered with a section of cork sheeting to protect any surface they place it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment