Search This Blog

Sunday 14 February 2016

To My Valentine

Time to make my lovely husband a Valentine's card.

I had purchased Sue Wilsons Heart of Hearts die and decided to use this as my first card using the new die.

I printed a message onto white American Craft card and cut this using the smaller solid heart shape, two red hearts were cut using the biggest plain heart for the mat of both parts.

I cut the main die with the hearts in the heart out of white glittered card stock.

The hearts of hearts die was then cut multiply time using white, black and red glitter card to create all the small hearts , some were very small 3mm across only.

Now the challenging part was to put the hearts back into the main white cut glittered section, I did this doing small sections at a time. When completed this section was then matted onto the red larger heart.
A square shape was cut out of white card that was matted onto red and black card and fixed to the base card sized 6" x 6". Another time time consuming part (but well worth it for the end result) was to glue each individual heart onto the white backing card,  This was all done with my husband in the lounge with me and he didn't even notice.
To finish it off I used all the unused hearts and enclosed them with the card as confetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment