Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Some One is 50 !

Birthday wishes to one of my best friend's husband as he reaches that magical age 50....we can laugh as he is older than us.

The request was for a Mickey card with 50 on it. I know he likes his rugby so suggested adding a rugby ball to the card somewhere.

Using Cricut Mickey and Friends cartridge I cut one of the Mickey Mouse shapes out and all the layers . All pieces were layered up, I created a rugby ball by changing a circle shape on my Cricut Gypsy device .

I cut Mickey's hand away from his body to enable the rugby ball to fit underneath , the hand was attached on top using 1mm 3d foam pads to add dimension. .

Using Mickey Font cartridge I cut lots of numbers '5' and '0' out in both red and yellow card stock, these and the  main Mickey character were attached to white cardstock which was matted onto red and black card, to form the centre piece of the card.

The background section was created using Serif software , I position the words 'Happy 50th Birthday Iain' around each side with a scroll into each corner. this was printed out and again matted onto red and black card stock. the topper section was attached to the centre of the card to finish.

My only wonder is did we put enough '50's on the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment