Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 November 2014

A card for My Birthday Buddy - Deb

Well Armistice Day is approaching so time to make my birthday buddy and my youngest son's Godmother,  Debbie a birthday card.

Deb is fanatically about stationary so I decided to use a Housemouse decoupage design and incorporate a chalkboard peg on the card, that way she could use the peg afterwards.

I printed the decoupage pages and the matching background paper  from the Joanna Sheen House mouse triple CD.

I cut both the small and large decoupage sections out and layered them up using 1mm 3d foam pads. I picked a chalkboard peg that came free with a craft magazine and chalked a smilie face on the board. I tied two pieces of chalk together using some brown twine.

I attached a magnetic strip to the back of the peg and cut another section of magnet to attach to the base card.

I cut a black piece of card to fit the base card and then cut the backing paper slightly smaller, before fixing I positioned the toppers and chalk so I knew where to attach the other magnet section in between the backing paper and the black card so it was hidden, but the peg would attach too.

The toppers were fixed using double sided tape and the chalk sticks were attached gluing one chalk only with silicon glue.

 
As the depth of the card was quite high due to the peg , I decided to have a go at creating a box, using the Hougie board and the instructions to make a box and lid. It was surprising very simple and I will definitely be making more in the future. To decorate the box I printed another sheet of backing paper and attached to the top and the sides of the lid section matting onto black card first. To finish I wrapped a black ribbon around  the box and tied in a bow to finish. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment