Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 October 2014

A Hard Card to Make - With Sympathy

Regretfully I have two dear friend's that have both lost loved ones over the last month. I had never made a sympathy card before and never felt I could, so duly went and bought to cards for my friend's expressing my sorrow for their loss.
 
My dear friend Nicky looked so disappointed when I handed her her card, as she was hoping I had made one, I had to explain I don't make those cards.
 
Regrettable Nicky then suffered the loss of another family member within a month of the previous loss, so I decided this time to try and make a suitable card.
 
I found some lovely floral mice images on the Makey Bakey Mice CD, one of which I thought was a perfect image. I wanted to keep the card fairly plain, so embossed a white piece of Bazzill card stock with a vines embossing folder, this I matted onto a dark pink square card section. I created a further matt of plain white Bazzill card and a further pink matt, this section was fixed to the base card.
 
I matted the main image section on top of dark pink card, this was fixed using 1mm foam pads onto the embossed card section.
 
A personalised message was printed and fixed below the topper section.
 
Finally to finish I die cut to pink trellis sections and cut them down to size to fit down the side panel of the card.
 
I googled 'sympathy verses' on the Internet and was pleasantly surprised at the amount and variety I found, I found some really suitable verses and chose one which the wording fitted perfectly. 
 
I'm glad I made the card as it was gratefully received and hopefully put a smile on Nicky and the family's faces at this hard time. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment