Search This Blog

Sunday 10 August 2014

Birthday Wishes to Rhys

Created a similar card to that of my sons at the end of July, but reduced the size of the hexagons and added a football boot topper to the card.

The card was created using my Cricut Gypsy I created a hexagonal shape, using Cricut Christmas Cheer cartridge. I selected a plain square shape, and altered the dimensions to create a rectangle which I copied 3 times. By turning two of the rectangle a number of degrees to the left and right  and overlapping the rectangles I created a hexagon shape and welded them all together to make one solid shape.

I copied the shape a number of times on the one mat. I cut out in both white and black card stock. The white shapes where then embossed with a dots embossing folder.

A black square was cut and fixed to a 6" x 6" card blank. A smaller green square was matted onto the black. Starting near the middle I fixed the cut shapes to create a football effect , trimming the edge sections before fixing to the green base card.

Football boots were cut out using the Cricut Soccer cartridge and matted onto a white circle which was matted onto a black mat.

A Happy Birthday message was printed and punched out of a small scalloped punch and matted onto a black punched label shape. A strip of decorative ribbon was fixed to the lower section of the card and the message topper fixed across the top,

Lets hope Rhys has a fabulous birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment