Search This Blog

Sunday 10 November 2013

A Card for My Birthday Buddy


A Birthday Card required for a special friend and one of my sons Godmother.

I bought these stamps from Alexandra Big Stamp Show back in April and couldn't wait to use them.

I stamped each dress onto patterned card stock of a green design and yellow design.

I stamped all three dresses again onto white card stock. I coloured the manikin top part using Promarker pen - satin colour.

I cut the dresses out of the green and yellow card and fixed these over the stamped image on the white card. Further smaller sections of the green and yellow stamped image were cut and again fixed to the image on the white card stock. To increase the shadow and pleats of the dresses I used Propmarker pen - Marsh green colour to add colour to the patterned card, following the shadowing shown on the stamp. Promarker pen - Honeycomb colour was used to add colour to the yellow section.

Small gold diamante were added to the two outside dresses to create necklace effects. All three images were matted onto green card stock.

The same patterned backing card was used for the background , a narrow strip of green ribbon was used to hide the joins and to add detail. The whole back section was then matted onto green card.

The three images were fixed to the backing section using 1mm 3d foam pads. Finally a message was printed and matted onto green card and fixed to the base of the card.

I hope Deb had a fantastic birthday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment