Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 February 2013

House Mouse Coffee Card

A birthday this week for a special friend.

I decided to use an iamge from the House Mouse Project Book and CD Rom that I was bought for Christmas.

As Claire likes coffee and I love the design I used the papers from Project 16 in the book. I printed the 3 sheets out on to smooth white card stock.

All the layers were cut out and layered up using 1mm 3d foam pads, the mice's tails were glued down with paper glue as the parts are very tiny.

I created an easel style card using a 6" x 6" card. The main decoupaged image was matted onto pink card stock and fixed to the easel part of the card. The backing paper with coffee beans was again matted onto pink card stock and fixed to the base of the card using double sided tape.

A Happy Birthday message was printed and cut into a circle shape and a scalloped circle was cut from the pink card stock, this would create my stopper for the easel part of the card.

Using real coffee beans I glued 3 beans in each corner and three at the base of my stopper. The stopper was fixed using 1mm 3d foam pads. To make the coffee beans shine that bit more I used clear nail varnish was they were fixed in position.

Lets hope Claire likes her card and has a great day , her card definitely does have a coffee smell retained on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment