Search This Blog

Sunday 15 July 2012

Stop Look & Listen - Birthday Card

Odd card request this week for my neighbour for her future Son in Law.

It seems Ian (the future son in law)  has a problem with crossing roads, being that he just walks across them without looking, so this was the main theme of the card. He also liked one of my previous cards with Mr Potato Head, so decided to incorporate Mr P in the card too.

I used my Cricut Machine to cut Mr Potato Head out at 4.5 inches in height. Using my Cricut Gypsy device I created some glasses to put on Mr Potato Head as Ian wears glasses, but made them spell LOOK as the frames, I added acetate to the back of the OO to resemble glass.



I created the sign posts on the Cricut Gypsy device and cut the background shadow in black card stock. The posts were cut from  red card and 2 circles with the letters cut out were cut from white card stock, the letters were cut again from red card and inserted in the white circles. 

The pavement was created using two strips of grey card stock and the centre road markings were cut by hand after the phrase was printed on the computer.


The message inside the card was Stop, Look and Listen , or you will end up mashed. Lets hope Ian has a great birthday and can see the funny side of this card - one of my most oddest requests so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment